WSL Website Rules
Yes, we even have rules for the website.
1. This league was, is, and forever will be, at its heart, laid-back and fun. Therefore, the website will follow the same creed. It’s about fun, hanging out, softball, networking, having a good time, competition, but at the end of the day, this is beer league softball. Let’s remember not to take things too seriously.
2. Once the games are over, please email your scores and a picture of your game book to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them up ASAP, meaning by Monday evening at the latest. We plan on keeping the site as up-to-date and as accurate as possible in regards to scores, standings, etc…
3. Managers (or team “source”): Please email your top five game highlights to email@example.com, whether they are statistical or fun moments. Bullet form is preferred, as it’s fast & easy for content to be sent to the website team, but if you want to write a full story recap, please know we may only use a portion since we’re factoring in the other team. Please also make sure you mention as many different players as possible. Deadline to send recaps are Monday evenings as recaps are scheduled to post on Tuesdays. If we don’t have the required content, we WILL get creative.
4. Video: We are more than happy to post videos taken throughout season. If you film something, do try to get the film subject’s consent before sending to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, that way we don’t have to go through the process of spicing up the footage just to have to take it down. If filming on an iPhone, make sure you’re holding it horizontally to avoid those stupid black bars on the sides of the video.
5. There is now an Events page. If you have an event you want everyone to know about, again, email it to email@example.com and we’ll get it up as soon as possible.
6. Each team has their own profile page. It will need an image that will be your logo. You can email me any .jpeg or .bmp file. Each team’s manager and co-manager’s email address needs to be up there so other managers can just go to the site if they need to get hold of the other team. If you want any additional pictures to put up, send them our way. If you have a motto, team saying, slogan, etc… send them to me and I’ll get them up.
7. The website is about interacting and sharing and having a hub where everyone can go to. Let’s make it fun!
Any other website question, suggestion, complaint, NOT RELATED TO THE ACTUAL GAME ON THE FIELD, you can write to:firstname.lastname@example.org